Featuring a special line contact stylus on a 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever, the AT-ART9XI replaces the AT-ART9 as Audio-Technica’s flagship magnetic core MC cartridge.
The “ART” in the model number stands for Audio-Technica Reference Transducer, a designation that we give only to our flagship phono cartridges. The specially designed magnetic circuit boasts an output voltage of 0.5 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec), making the cartridge easy to use and capable of reproducing even the most delicate expressions, while also ensuring dynamic playback. The dual moving coils (fashioned from high-performance PCOCC wire) are aligned in an inverted V shape to provide high separation and wide response for clear sound localization and minimal distortion. Threaded cartridge mounting holes make installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm incredibly easy.
- Audio-Technica’s flagship magnetic core moving coil cartridge
- Dual moving coils are aligned in an inverted V shape, providing high separation and wide response for clear sound localization and minimal distortion
- Special line contact stylus ensures faithful reproduction of the music signal, and the 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever provides excellent response characteristics
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke significantly increase magnetic energy
- Specially designed magnetic circuit provides an output voltage of 0.5 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- PCOCC coils ensure high-fidelity transmission
- Machined aluminum base supports both the magnetic circuit and the vibration system, ensuring excellent playback stability
- Hybrid body of machined aluminum and high-rigidity plastic reduces undesirable parasitic resonance
- Threaded cartridge mounting holes allow easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm