MOVING COIL CARTRIDGE
- Specially designed for “shellac” or phonograph records
- High output moving coil cartridge
- Excellent production quality and wound with PCOCC coil for signal purity
- Delivers excellent fidelity and superb clarity
- Can be used without additional pre-amplification or a MC transformer
MOVING COIL CARTRIDGE
The Audio Technica AT-MONO3/SP cartridge is special – redesigning not just the needle, but the whole cartridge specially for “shellac” or phonograph records. A high output moving coil cartridge of excellent production quality and wound with PCOCC coil for signal purity, it is designed to deliver excellent fidelity and superb clarity when playing 78 RPM mono records. With its high output of 1.2 mV, it can be used without additional pre-amplification or a MC transformer.
Proven in use for many years in Japan, the Audio-Technica AT-MONO3/SP cartridge in now available in Europe and helps to bring back the pure joy of discovery and listening pleasure for 78 RPM record playing.
Made specifically for mono recordings, the cartridge only generates signal with horizontal movement. However to produce a minimal wear on the groove, the AT-MONO3/SP also has an adapted vertical compliance.
- Straight pipe aluminium cantilever and low mass stylus guarantees a high tracking ability.
- The average usage time is 500 hours extending the life span of precious mono recordings.
- High purity PCOCC allows a more transparent signal transmission offering a high efficiency and a high fidelity.
- To support the internal mechanism, the body is made of solid die-cast aluminium alloy, furthermore stiffness is achieved with the addition of rigid synthetic resin to hold the body.
|Type||Horizontal Mono Moving Coil|
|Frequency Response||22 – 22,000 Hz|
|Body Material||Aluminium/Synthetic Resin|
|Output Voltage||1.2 mV (at 1 kHz, 12 cm/sec)|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||23°|
|Vertical Tracking Force Range||3.0 – 7.0 g (5.0 g standard)|
|Stylus Size||2.5 mil|
|Stylus Construction||Nude Square Shank|
|Coil Impedance||40 ohms (1 kHz)|
|Coil Inductance||190 µm (1kHz)|
|DC Resistance||40 ohms|
|Dynamic Compliance||3.5×10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)|
|Recommended Load Impedance||400 – 47,000 ohms|
|Dimensions||16.0 (H) x 16.6 (W) x 26.5 (L) mm|
|Replacement Stylus||When the stylus is to be replaced, replace the entire cartridge. Take the used cartridge to your Audio-Technica Authorised Service Centre. The new cartridge, or any other model which is desired among the line-up of MC cartridges sold by Audio-Technica, are available at the stylus replacement price.|
|Accessories Included||Screwdriver, 4 screws, 2 washers and 2 nuts, spacer/weight, stylus brush|