This little beast of a bass driver is capable of 16 mm linear excursion. You have to hear to believe how much punchy bass it can generate from a 2.8 L volume.
Custom-made spring suspension effectively isolates W5 from your desktop, improving midrange lucidity, airiness and distortion figures.
Walk around the speakers and you still get it all: Our miniature ambient tweeter features an excellent off-axis response.
For this reason, the W5 has an excellent polar diagram – which is crucial for breathtaking sound staging capabilities.
Premium class WBT Next Gen binding posts.
Sensitivity: 83-86 dB / watt / m depending on frequency
Nom. impedance: 4 ohms
Weight: 3.5 kg / piece (speaker only)
- 5.25″ long throw bass driver, tuned to 65 Hz, 1st order crossover
- 3″ widebander, 1st order high pass filter, unique electromechanical parallel resonator installed.
- Internal wiring orientation-optimised silk-wrapped high-frequency stranded litz
- WBT NextGen binding posts
- Rear ambient tweeter
- longer stroke bass driver running without crossover, tuned to 50 hz
- Added electromechanical parallel resonator to bass
- Different crossover layout, added Duelund Silver Foil 0.01 uF bypass capacitor
- Added electromechanical series resonators to both drivers, all parallel and series resonators of STAGE II type
- Added proprietary acoustic phase linearisation network
Choose from walnut, oak, ash tree and cherry.