When the Dan Clark Audio team decided to build an electrostatic headphone we started with a blank sheet of paper to create a product that improved upon all of the great attributes of previous electrostatic headphones, such as transparent midrange and detail resolution, and added a powerful bass experience and an expansive soundstage while reducing the high-frequency emphasis that we felt detracted from the experience.
The team went all in for the design of the VOCE, reinventing every aspect from the ultra-large 88mm driver to the fully custom silver plated cable we would supply with it. We even built an in-house clean room for production to ensure the highest quality and reliability. We’re truly proud of the fact that VOCE has had a service rate of <1% after almost two years in the field, an unparalleled accomplishment considering it is our first-electrostatic headphone!
The result was well worth the effort put into the design of the VOCE. Key features include:
- 88mm driver for extended and rich bass that reaches below 10Hz and a gigantic soundstage
- Advanced metal stators for enhanced resolution
- Flexible, microphonic-free round silver-plated copper cable with a solid machined Teflon connector cased in an aluminum housing
- Convenient and attractive walnut storage box with built-in headphone stand
- Durable all metal construction at a featherweight 330gr
- Fully dust-sealed driver