Vivaldi Transport is designed to extract revelatory levels of detail from both CD and SACD and is the ultimate machine for silver disc replay. All signal processing in Vivaldi Transport is proprietary to dCS.
Vivaldi Transport uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo™ mechanism which employs super-rigid construction and a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation.
To enhance the purity of the power supply and isolate the mechanism from the electronics, Vivaldi Transport features a completely new chassis design that has separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections. This gives near-silent operation.
Vivaldi Transport features a Dual AES output that supports encrypted DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s) to a dCS DAC from CD or SACD. Vivaldi Transport also offers the option of upsampling CD data to DXD (24-bit data at 352.8kS/s) or DSD/128 (1-bit data t 5.644MS/s) and transmitting this data over the same Dual AES interface.
SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again using the Dual AES interface. Native CD data is available from 4 PCM outputs (1x AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF and 1x SDIF-2), as is downsampled SACD data.
Vivaldi Transport can be used with the matching Vivaldi DAC or with any suitable industry-standard DAC. The unit may be run either in Master mode or with the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding a Vivaldi Clock to the system.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Transport software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, the Vivaldi Transport gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
- Plays Red Book CDs in their native 16/44.1 format and upsamples the data to either DSD or DXD or DSD/128.
- Plays SACDs in their native DSD format and downsamples the data to 16/44.1 format.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive clock / PLL circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
- Separate power circuits for the digital processing board and CD/SACD mechanism ensure clean power to these sections.
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
HiFi+ – Network Player of the Year 2016
The Absolute Sound – Editor’s Choice 2014
The Absolute Sound – Product of the Year 2013
HiFi Review Hong Kong – Product of the Year 2012
Stereo Sound Japan – Golden Sound Award 2012