Absolute acoustic purity
Open-backed circus aural headphones
Utopia have already become the world reference high-fidelity headphones manufactured in France by Focal. They are the result of 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of high-end speaker drivers and loudspeakers. Equipped with exclusive technology, they offer striking realism, neutrality, dynamics and clarity, for sound with unrivalled purity. Utopia are unique: they are the world’s first audiophile headphones featured totally open-backed full-range speaker drivers with pure Beryllium ’M’-shaped domes. The acoustic quality of this exclusive solution allowed Focal to avoid the use of any crossover or passive filtering process to achieve a frequency response from 5Hz to 50kHz! The equivalent of two tiny authentic loudspeakers over your ears… They meet all the requirements expected of high-end headphones due to their sophisticated and elegant design and to purposeful materiality, such as the carbon fibre yoke and true lambskin leather ear cushions.
The listening experience is outstanding in terms of realism, natural sound reproduction, dynamics and clarity. When listening to them, the headphones virtually disappear and the audio signal is revealed with a level of precision never achieved until Utopia.
Design is also a key point, be it in regards to the way of using the headphones, comfort, as well as the aesthetic. Another achievement with Utopia is the removal from the conventional rotation included on the yoke and its integration into the headband to ensure a total purity of the design. The true lambskin leather, used on the cushions, reinforces the character of classically elegant lines, as well as the expression of comfort and overall performances. These headphones have immediately been applauded by the press as well as music lovers after launching.
Premium accessories included
- A black faux leather box
- High-Fidelity cables:
- 10 ft. (3m) cable: ideal for use in the home on a high-end amplifier, thanks to its balanced 4-pin XLR connector.
- 4 ft. (1.2m) cable: designed to be portable with an unbalanced 1/8” (3.5mm) stereo jack connector and 1/4” (6.35mm) jack adapter.
- A carefully finished, light, rigid carrying case
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
- Leather headband including length adjustment mechanism and ear cup rotation 25/32″ (20mm) thick memory foam cushion
- Bi-material construction made of true lambskin leather and microfiber fabric
- Carbon fiber yoke specially designed to fit all kind of sizes and varying shaped heads
- Open-back ear cups for total decompression of the loudspeakers
- 2 shielded Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system
- Headphones Made in France
- Open-back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments • Reference pair of headphones featuring full range loudspeakers made of a pure Beryllium ‘M’ shape dome
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any size and shaped head • Balanced cable with channel separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)