- Ideal for multi-zone distributed audio
- 50 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 90 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 2U rack mountable
- Channel summing circuits for mono signal distribution
- Volume controls for each channel
- Bussable inputs
- Signal sensing
- Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™
Delivers pristine music playback to multiple rooms for whole house audio.
The versatile MI1250 12-Channel Digital Amplifier can distribute pristine music playback to multiple rooms in your home. It delivers 50 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 90 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
It has installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel.
On the back are unbalanced inputs plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals for each channel. Also located on the back are volume controls for volume balancing, along with 2 digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed, and channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution.
Other features included on the MI1250 are:
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers.
- Our Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- BUS input & outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers.
- Individual channel inputs.
- 12 Volt triggering capabilities to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off.
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI1250 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, along with a familiar form factor that is highlighted with silver trim. Contact your local dealer to learn more about integrating the MI1250 into your custom whole house audio installation.