Naim Nait 5si
Redefining an icon
The NAIT 5si is our 60W per channel introduction to high-performance integrated amplification. Another Naim amplifier that can claim a common heritage with our classic NAIT model, the NAIT 5si will get straight to the heart of your music. It engages even the most complex rhythms and demanding dynamics with all the grip and authority you would expect from us. Its clever AV bypass mode, which facilitates an easy co-existence of otherwise distinct AV and hi-fi systems, simply adds to its appeal.
- 60W per channel power output
- Four inputs with support for both DIN and RCA connections
- 1/4” (6.35mm) headphone output
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
Decades have passed, but the role of the NAIT 5si is fundamentally the same as its original forebear. So the engineering challenge – to maximise performance whilst maintaining engineering efficiency, quality and reliability – hasn’t changed. Amplifier technology has moved on considerably however, and while the NAIT 5si occupies the same position in the Naim range as the original NAIT, its performance might be from a different world.
The NAIT 5si provides four analogue inputs and a 60 Watt per channel power amplifier. It borrows numerous technologies from across the spectrum of Naim products; all dedicated towards maximising its ability to communicate the fundamentals of music. And communicate it does. The NAIT 5si brings clarity, engaging dynamics and, most of all, infectious enthusiasm to every music source and genre.
Naim ND5 XS 2
The ND5 XS 2 uses our innovative new streaming platform with an expanded feature set. High-res UPnP™ streaming, AirPlay, Chromecast built-in, Bluetooth (apt X HD), Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Roon compatibility, internet radio and multiroom streaming – alongside digital and USB inputs for conventional connections – make this versatile player the ideal partner for one of our integrated amplifiers.
Carefully selected and matched parts, an oversized toroidal transformer, decoupled PCB boards: the ND5 XS 2 benefits from classic Naim engineering and fastidious attention to detail to ensure that it delivers natural, engaging sound quality from all sources.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 32bit/384kHz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, M4A and MP3. Gapless playback on all file formats
- Four 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Built-in Chromecast allows you to stream from hundreds of supported smartphone or tablet apps (192kHz)
- Apple AirPlay – stream music from your iOS device or from iTunes and Apple Music
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player and USB-stored audio (1.6A charge)
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- iOS and Android Naim Audio app for intuitive control
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX codec for quality audio playback
- Thanks to RC5 system integration, you can control compatible amplifiers that are connected to your network player directly from the Naim app on a phone or tablet
- Roon ready – turning your music collection into a beautifully laid out catalogue
The streaming section of the ND5 XS 2 uses the latest Naim network card featuring low-noise, high-speed low-voltage differential signalling (LVDS) to route the digital audio signal. The higher speed is capable of decoding all HD audio formats at up to 32 bits/384 kHz or DSD128. Rather than the source acting as the digital timing master, our new streaming board turns things around and allows our DAC clock to control the flow of audio data. The data is integer-over-sampled in a SHARC DSP to an incredible 40-bit accuracy before it’s fed to the PCM1791A Burr-Brown digital-toanalogue converter.
Developing a new streaming platform was one of the biggest projects we have ever taken on. Naim engineers across all disciplines – electronic, industrial, acoustic and mechanical – worked for three years to create a system that could make the most of online services such as TIDAL and Spotify while adding future-proof flexibility through Chromecast built-in. Supporting faster data rates with dual-band Wi-Fi and the latest 802.11ac protocol, this robust platform was designed for the highest performance on every level.