The world’s first audiophile network music player, the NDX remains an exceptional streaming solution, surpassed only by the NDS. Its performance-oriented design retains the single-component convenience of the ND5 XS, but includes a significantly improved power supply with a custom-designed toroidal transformer plus four separate windings for its digital, DSP, clock and analogue output stages.
The performance of the NDX is matched only by its digital versatility. High-resolution UPnP network streaming, Spotify Connect, USB playback, thousands of internet radio stations, DAB/FM radio, digital inputs for external sources, support for TIDAL lossless audio service, multiroom streaming and a bespoke iOS and Android control app will get you listening to more music than ever before.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD (single rate), Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3. Gapless playback on all lossless file formats and on most compressed music
- Three 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player and USB-stored audio
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Optional DAB+/DAB/FM radio module
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- iOS and Android Naim Audio app for intuitive control
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX codec for quality audio playback
Beneath NDX versatility lies one of the most technically ambitious and accomplished of all Naim Audio products. The wide variety of digital audio data streams and signal types, and the necessity that each one is delivered to the NDX outputs with maximum fidelity, demanded first that many new and innovative techniques for electronic signal isolation had to be developed and refined. The full spectrum of Naim Audio’s uniquely advanced digital signal handling and processing techniques is also deployed in the NDX.
The NDX uses the same RAM buffer and master-clock jitter removal technique of the Naim Audio DAC outboard digital to analogue converter and all the oversampling, filtering and signal management techniques that have brought Naim Audio to the forefront of digital music in the home. NDX is a true audiophile product where maximising sound quality drives every development decision.
The NDX can be used in conjunction with the XPSor 555 PS power supplies to significantly enhance its performance. However, only Classic Series XPSunits are compatible with the NDX, not the older Olive Series versions.*
* Pleasenote: only current “Classic” style XPS power supplies can be used with the NDX. Older “Olive” style XPS units are incompatible and cannot be used.