ST-7 – a versatile MC transformer from Ortofon
Compact and stylish, the ST-7 has a solid housing supported by four rubber feet, which helps to reduce unwanted vibrations in the unit.
High quality internal wires together with high quality gold plated terminals provide the optimum signal transmission. The sandwich winding structure, used in the ST-7, significantly improves the high frequency response and provides a very clear and open sound over the whole frequency range.
Additionally, the dual-mono design, including the individual shielding of the two channels, improves the imaging of the transformer and reduces the influence of environmental noise.
The ST-7 transformer will be a perfect match for, among other MC cartridges, the MC Quintet Series, the SPU Classic models and SPU #1 models.
- compact and stylish
- sandwich winding structure
- permalloy shielding housing for the left and right channels separately
ST-7 transformer Technical data
- Frequency response: 15-45 kHz (+0 dB -2,5 dB)
- Gain: 24 dB at 1 kHz
- Recommended cartridge impedance： 2 Ω – 60 Ω
- Recommended load： 47 kΩ // 200 pF
- Dimensions： 122 mm(W) × 43,5 mm(H) × 102 mm(D)
- Weight： 790 g