Rossini uses the very latest dCS Digital Processing Platform and Ring DAC technology, originally developed for the flagship Vivaldi series. Its single FPGA brings improved signal processing and superior flexibility, effectively making it future-proof.
Rossini Transport upsamples CD data to DSD, DSD/128 or DXD (24-bit 352.8 kS/s) and transmits the data over the Dual AES/EBU interface. SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again over the Dual AES/EBU interface. Native CD data is available from 3 PCM outputs (1x AES3 and 2x SPDIF), as is down-sampled SACD data.
The Rossini CD/SACD Transport mechanism features a 2mm steel frame, cast aluminium disc tray and vibration dampening materials delivering excellent performance in rigidity, vibration resistance and resonant-free operation. Electronics have been optimised to ensure extremely low-noise disc reading and the heavily damped mechanics ensure minimum unnecessary servo operation and current draw.
Rossini Transport can be controlled via the custom Rossini control app, allowing listeners to manage their music playback from any source in an elegantly simple way – accessing CD or SACD playback, digital and UPnP sources all from one control point. The Rossini app also features an intuitive install and configuration wizard for ease of set-up.
Rossini Transport is intended to be used with the matching Rossini DAC or with any suitable industry standard DAC. The unit may be run in Master mode or by using the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding the Rossini Clock to the system. The Rossini range supports the simple yet highly effective dCS ‘auto clocking’ architecture as used in Vivaldi, which minimises jitter and improves sound quality significantly.
Designed and made in Great Britain to the highest standards, Rossini’s elegant chassis uses aerospace-grade machined aluminium with internal acoustic damping panels to reduce sound-degrading mechanical vibration and magnetic effects. Multi-stage power regulation is employed, with the mains transformer isolated from the analogue, digital and clock circuitry.
As with all dCS disc Transports, Rossini’s firmware can be easily updated via CD. This lets dCS add new features and improve the performance of Rossini over its lifetime.
When listening to digital music through a Rossini system, listeners are immediately struck by its natural musicality and faithfulness to the original recording. It delivers a powerful and visceral sound yet is highly transparent too, making for an immersive and realistic listening experience.
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled musical experience
- Plays Red Book CDs in their native 16/44.1 format AND upsamples the data to either DSD, DSDx2 or DXD.
- Plays SACDs in their native DSD format AND downsamples the data to 16/44.1 format.
- Configuration Menu – Ability to save/ restore settings, and EasyPlay improves ease-of-use.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage power regulation ensures sensitive clock / PLL circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
- TypeUpsampling CD/SACD Transport.
- ColourSilver or Black.
- MechanismDual laser CD/SACD mechanism.
- Dimensions444mm (17.5”) long x 435mm (17.2”) deep x 178mm (7.0”) high. Allow extra depth for cable connectors. Allow space for air flow around the unit.
- Weight20.6kg (45.3lbs).
- Digital OutputsDual AES interface on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (AES1+2). While an SACD is playing, the interface outputs encrypted DSD data. While a CD is playing, the Settings > Upsample Mode menu page sets the interface to output either encrypted DSD data (1 bit at 2.822MS/s) or DXD data (24 bits at 352.8kS/s) or DSDx2 data (1 bit at 5.644MS/s). AES interface on 3-pin male XLR connector (AES3), outputs 16/44.1 data, whether a CD or SACD is playing. 2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each outputs 16/44.1 data, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
- Wordclock I/Oworldclock IoWord Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. With the transport in Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz word clock derived from the internal crystal oscillator is available on this output. Word Clock Input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard word clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels. Lock range is +/-300ppm.
- Clock AccuracyThe calibration accuracy when shipped is +/-10ppm, (not temperature compensated).
- Software UpdatesUpdates are loaded directly from CD-R.
- Local ControldCS Premium Remote handset (not supplied with Rossini Transport as standard. Via the Rossini app, RS232 app or a third party device.
- Power SupplyFactory set to either 100, 115/120, 220 or 230/240V AC, 50/60Hz.
- Power Consumption16W typical / 50W maximum. Consumes less than 0.5W when powered down from the front panel.