The Ultimate Audiophile Grade Network Switch
Why Bonn NX?
We have adapted rigorous approach towards planning and designing electronic circuits. Isolating, filtering, and reducing noise restores the signal source and feeds it to the corresponding electronic components. This enables the device to operate at a stable system voltage, send precisely timed packets, and reduce the output noise range. We found that every small improvement can slightly improve the sound quality. Many small improvements can add up to unleash and maximize the potential of streaming networks.
Unique and Advanced Designs
- Eight gold-plated enclosed Gigabit Ethernet Ports with spaced out ports to physically reduce possible signal interference.
- Class-leading Radar-Grade internal switching power supply module, which is exclusive to noise-sensitive acoustic equipment.
- Perfectly timed data transmission.
- TCXO (Temperature Compensation Crystal Oscillator) greatly lowers network latency issues and jitter effects.
- Brand new appearance design consists of two layers of different materials: the inner layer is galvanized steel, and the outer layer is thick and high-quality aluminum alloy. The modern design makes it a part of home furnishings, a work of art.
Advanced Options For Audiophiles
- An additional DC power jack (12V) to bypass the internal switching power module and to connect an external linear power supply for upgrade.
- A gold-plated ground connector (banana terminal) for a grounding box to further lower power noise.
- LED light switch which enables users to turn off the port status indicator.
- Class-leading clock receiving module for an external clock input.
Clock and Power Circuit
- TCXO clock (25MHz): Eliminate irrelevant frequencies and generate pure clock. High precision, ultra low phase-noise signal output as the clock source for the Ethernet switch system.
- Power source circuit for TCXO clock: Multi-stage power filter technology. Filtering out crosstalk and noises of different frequencies at 10MHz, 100MHz and 1GHz. Feeding the purified power to the TCXO module.
- Power source circuit for switch system: Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator circuit, capable of processing wide dynamic range power. Features highly-efficient circuit design and fast response time. Powered by TPS56623x series which maintaining lower output ripple during all load conditions.
- AC power filter circuit: High isolation common mode choke circuit for AC power input to prevent the noises pollution from AC power sources from other device or power system.
- Exclusive, customized Silent Angel power module: Wide dynamic range AC to DC power module. Stable, low-ripple noise, secure protection circuit, well-covered by an alumni heat sink.
- Connect to the optional linear power supply. DC Jack for external 12V DC.
- Receiving the external clock input port (gold-plated, at 25MHz).
- Internal/external clock selector switch.
- Large anti-vibration stand made by stainless steel. It helps to reduce vibration from surroundings, and create an isolated zone to avoid internal current noise, static electricity, etc. caused by vibration.
Designed for HD Music Streaming
The Bonn NX creates a HiFi audio zone to effectively separate your audio devices from household traffic. Eliminates noise, transmits the highly accurate timed data, reduces the impact from network broadcasting storm and latency caused by bandwidth-intensive activities from PC and other devices.
Exclusive Clock Module, TCXO: Silent Angel’s TCXO (Temperature Compensation Crystal Oscillator) is more precise than a general Crystal Clock, lowering latency issues and jitter effects.
Jitter Effect Improvement: When transmitting high-frequency network packets, distortion is a common effect. Bonn NX is effectively able to lower this to 369ps whereas other general switches present at 705ps.
Optimized For Music Applications
- Optimized for Roon infrastructure. e.g. Serve a network composed of Rhein Z1 as a Roon Core server, and Munich M1 as Roon Ready players.
- Optimized for high-resolution streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and more.
- Optimized for playing music collections from NAS (Network Attached Storage), works well with multiple brands such as QNAP, Synology, WD NAS.
- Power Source: Connect to the Forester F2 linear power supply (supplying dual 12 DC outputs) to further improve its power source.